Sunday, February 22, 2015

Broccoli, Feta & Pine Nut Fritters



I was scrolling through Facebook earlier this morning when a recipe from here caught my eye...
Broccoli, Feta and Pine Nut Fritters.

WELL! I thought.. Who the hell has the time and energy to make such an elaborate snack? I kept scrolling but I thought I would just check out the ingredients and method... Looked easy enough and lo and behold I even had all of the ingredients in my kitchen! Including the pine nuts.

Well I did make a few changes but they still turned out just fine.

I had leftover coconut rice in my fridge from a last minute Thai craving so I teamed them with that and some sweet soy sauce. You could also serve them with a salad and some caramelised balsamic vinegar.

INGREDIENTS:
(Makes 8 fritters)

1 medium sized broccoli
3 garlic cloves finely chopped (I used minced garlic because I'm a lazy person and I hate my knife)
4 eggs
1 small bunch of parsley, chopped. (I used coriander because its all I had)
150g of flour (any flour inc gluten free etc)
50g extra flour just incase mixture is too wet
80g feta cheese (I just threw a handful of plain grated cheese in..)
1/2 cup pine nuts
Salt and pepper
Coconut oil

Chop broccoli finely and microwave for 2 minutes.
Beat the eggs in a bowl and add flour, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley.
Chop feta into small cubes and throw in mixture.
Toast pine nuts in a dry pan on stove (low heat) for 4-7 minutes and add to mixture.
Add 50g extra flour if mixture is too wet (how the hell are we supposed to know if its too wet?)
Heat large frying pan on moderate heat and add coconut oil.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture onto the pan and flatten slightly with a spatula.
Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.


ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment